Thursday, March 28, 2013

Before & After: Small Chest of Drawers

A very sweet friend, Carol Vickery gave me this small
1940's (?) chest of drawers about a month ago.
It belonged to her in-laws and she
very kindly and generously thought of me
when she came across it as she was spring cleaning.
Thank you Carol!


I must tell you that I was very proud of myself for remembering
 to take a picture of the "before", I always forget!


And here is the after! 
I used Annie Sloan's pure white on the body of the chest
and Louis Blue on the drawers.


I used Annie's clear wax then sanded to distress and give a
smooth finish.  Then I re-applied the clear wax and lightly
added some of her dark wax to give a bit of an antiqued look.
I let the wax dry then buffed it all out with
 a soft cloth to give a smooth, light sheen.
I love Annie Sloan's paints and waxes, super user friendly!
If you haven't tried them yet, you really should!


Yesterday, I was hitting the thrift stores around town
and found this great bench pictured below.


Again, so happy I remembered to take a before picture!
I'm trying to decide between two colors...

 Country Grey
or

Provence
or...
 when I went looking for the swatch colors I stumbled upon... 

Versailles
What do you think??? 
The grey has the broadest appeal but I love the Provence which actually
turns out a bit more turquoise then the swatch shows.
But, Versailles could be really fun too!


Coming soon in country grey, provence or versailles???

P.S. Don't forget, our Evening in Paris Gala is just 3 weeks
from today, April 11th!

~Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment