Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Cute Gift Idea!

The other day I received a sweet, unexpected little gift from my friend Dawn.
Don't you think the unexpected gifts are always the best!
Dawn and I only met a few months ago and I knew immediately what a lovely, special, giving person she was.  I am extremely fortunate to know her and lucky to have her as a vendor at the shop.
She creates some of the most adorably whimsical mini art and the gift she gave me was wrapped so uniquely,
(at least I had never seen this done before) that I knew I would have to share it with you.

Dawn made this cute bag out of tissue paper...

She actually folded a piece of tissue and stitched down both sides,
placed the gift inside added a gift tag and stitched across the top to seal the bag.
You can just make out the stitches in this blurry photo(sorry).
Have you ever seen a stitched tissue paper gift bag?  What a great idea!

Inside was this cute little Easter chick cart that she made and ...

Some jelly beans, what would Easter be without jelly beans!
  She also included a little dog biscuit with a bow for Emma,
 (this is not pictured as Emma gulped it down immediately!).

Below are some shots of Dawn's booth.  She has just a tiny little space at the moment but,
she and a friend are going to take a larger space!  I can't wait to see what they do with it!
And let me just say, I apologize for my photography, (or lack there of)
I'm not very good, I have a lot to learn and only a point and shoot
and with all the track lighting bouncing off of everything, it makes it quite
difficult to photograph in the shop!  How's that for a run-on sentence?

I just love this little robins egg blue shelf, if she ever sells it,
I'm all over it!

She used a little drawer and lined it with that cute
green & white paper to use for display, how clever is that!
She's displaying two mini canvas pieces of art, they measure 2" x 2"!
And I just love all her teeny-tiny Easter chicks!

Love the little pink chick on a decorated mini wooden spool. 

How adorable is this Easter tree?! 

So cute!

Love...

I just love the little bird collage and the saying,
"Discover You Can Fly".
Ok, I love all her work!

Aren't her creations fantastic! 
I'll post pictures of her new space
 when its ready, stay tuned!
Have a wonderful weekend, its going to be 80 degrees here!
~Brooke~


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words about my sister's shower! Those bags are cute!
    Angela,
    Parisienne Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete